Tuesday 29 May 2012

Sewing machine of my dreams....

Has anyone else seen the Singer 160 years anniversary machine?
This beauty is available from John Lewis for £399.

It has been designed to reference the iconic design of the early metal singer machines, but with the needs of the modern dressmaker in mind. And I think it's pretty darling.

I dislike the design of modern sewing machines; there seems to be a rule about making sewing machines white and boring nowadays, and it has always baffled me. Sewers are creative people....and creative people like things that look pretty, right? I know I am a sucker for a practical item that has been designed to look more interesting than the norm, hence my laptop purchase being swung by the fact that I found a pink one amidst what was then a sea of black and chrome (That might just be me, although I'm sure it's not!).

I feel like the world is unjust because I can't afford to own it! I'm pretty sure that my life would be much improved by this glorious machine.*

Are you an advocate of form over function (or at least form equal to function)....or a practical buyer who is not taken in by bright colours and retro style?

Pip pip xx

*NB if you are rich and frivolous/kind and would like to donate me said machine, I will be forever in your debt....FOREVER!



8 comments:

  1. OH. MY. WHOLLY. EYEBALLS!!!! I NEEEEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

    *goes for a nice lay down on the sofa*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel! It's BEEE-A-OOOOTIFULLL!

      Delete
  2. I love this machine! I didn't know it was on sale in the UK, so thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh I can't tell you how much I WANT one of these!!!!! I had no idea you could buy them over here either, but not sure that I can justify spending £400 on a new machine...or can I...probably not...but I can pray for a half price sale can't I:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm....half price sale.....or winning the lottery? I'm hoping for that one!

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to buying myself a much less beautiful sewing machine, as my old one is broken and my vintage ones don't have the functionality I need (and I sadly and certainly can't afford the beautiful Singer one at present) as I am shortly going to be starting a small business venture that involves a sewing machine....watch this space ladies! xx

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very exciting!! Wishing you all the best of luck with it:) xx

      Delete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.