Friday 15 July 2011

Snippets of a crafty home.

So, a few weeks ago I did a post called Snippets of a curious home, where I shared an insight into my dad and step-mum's home.

In this I mentioned how very different my mum and step-dad's home is, with it's neutral decor and homemade foodstuffs! They are wonderfully good at growing veg in the garden in the vegetable patch, and for making homemade jams and preserves, as well as wines and champagnes (my personal favourite being the wonderful elderflower champagne my mum makes). They live in a town called Wymondham, in Norfolk....which has really good charity shops!

So here is a sneak peek into my other family home...






Don't you just adore the shepherds hut?
It is delightful...but more on that to come in another post!

Family facts:
#1 My mum is a very good painter!
#2 My little sister (technically, half-sister...but that's only a technicality) is 8. And bloomin' adorable.
#3 I have a grandad from Burma (born in Burma/Myanmar, his parents were Indian themselves).
#4 My mum is one of 7 children.

I do hope some of you will share your family homes with us in blogland.
I do like a good snoop.
All in the name of research, y'see!

Pip pip! xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love the hut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place, I love the eclectic mix of things! Looking forward to seeing more on the Sheppard hut its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! So beautiful and stylish but homely, too.
    I adore snooping around other people's homes so this post is right up my street.
    I thought you looked like you had some exotic blood. The woman in my blog header is half-Burmese, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got the dream family. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.