Thursday 20 January 2011

Embroidery, James Long and London Fashion Week!

Just a quick post from me tonight!

I was reminiscing about my degree and looking back on some past work, and stumbled across these photos of some work I had the honour of getting to be involved in!

Below is a photo I took of some serious embroidery I worked on for the menswear designer James Long on his collection for his show in London Fashion Week AW09...

 
I worked on this showpiece alongside my friend Rebecca and the lovely designer/ebroidery king Scott Ramsay Kyle; we spent three whole weeks of almost uninterrupted embroidery (in the design studios, on the bus, in bed). Me and Rebecca's nicknames at the studios were 'Dot & Deirdre' due to our days being spent sat in the corner wearing our fur coats and gossiping whilst eating buscuits and doing the ebroidery!
But, I'm sure you'll agree that the result were worth it. Especially sitting at LFW watching the finished piece come down the catwalk!


Pip pip xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful experience that must have been!! It must be amazing to see all your hard work walking down the catwalk for the world to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it definitely was Wendy! Well worth all the sleepless nights and red-raw fingers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie, I'm so glad I just saw your comment on Land girls blog. I couldn't find your blog earlier as I wanted to link you blog to my page so I could pass on a 'Stylish blogger award' to you!

    I have linked you now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, thanks so much you lovely lady! This has excited me very much :) And you very much deserve the one Kate awarded you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you. Well I look forward to reading about your 7 likes/loves!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.